FAQs: Which treatment is best for lower backache?
Page Last Updated: Thu 20th Aug 2020
Backache is the hardest condition to define. Chiropractors, physiotherapists and osteopaths can all treat the lower back.
Below are a few tips:
- Sit on a dining room chair and extend one leg out in front of you, keeping the leg up, lean forward towards the toes. Then do the same with the other leg. If this causes more pain then you need to see Nick Richmond, the Chiropractor.
- If this does not cause pain then side bend and reach behind you at the same time. If this hurts on the opposite side of the bend then you need to see Eric Burns, the sports therapist.
- If it hurts on the same side then see Nick Richmond, our Chiropractor.
- Low back pain between the rib cage and pelvis or in the buttocks could be muscular. This could be treated by Nick Richmond, the Chiropractor. It may need a referral to a physiotherapist and our clinic has a close working relationship with the Andover Physiotherapy clinic so a referral can easily be arranged.
- Finally, any other low back pain, particularly involving pain, pins, and needles going down one or both legs could be a sign of disc problems and can be assessed for free by Nick Richmond, the Chiropractor.